WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The term “personal information” means information that specifically identifies any individual, such as name, date of birth and email address, and any other information that is required by applicable law to be treated as “personal information”. When browsing through the Platform, you can do so by being a user (“User“) or a registered member (“Member“). For more clarity, all Members are Users, but not all Users are Members.
While you browse the Platform as a User, your device’s operating system and unique ID, IP address, access times, MAC address, location and language may be logged automatically. This information may be stored locally on the device you are using and may be communicated to VV, notably to ensure proper usage and functioning of the Platform, but also for statistical purposes and in order to improve the Platform and its features.
In addition to the above, upon your first use of the Platform as a Member, you will be prompted to provide information in order to create your account and profile linked to your account. This information may be, but is not limited to your name, date of birth, email address, physical address as well as any other information necessary to provide you with the Services and that is required by applicable law to be treated as “personal information.”
Whenever you browse the Platform, we collect data about all of your interactions with the Services and other Users, including Users uploading content on the Platform, via server log files. This information may be associated with your account and profile, IP address or device ID for the purpose of providing you with the Services and improving your experience. When you make a purchase, we might collect information about such purchase and your payment method, and we keep information on your purchase history. The information is mostly used to support your interaction with the Platform as well as to prevent fraud.
WHY WE COLLECT THIS INFORMATION
Our primary goal in collecting and using your personal information is to create your account, provide the Services to you, improve our Services, contact you, conduct research and generate reports for internal use. This information we collect is necessary to provide you with the Platform, and we do not collect any information, which is not strictly required by the nature of the Platform. Also, VV may sometimes collect personal information that you willingly provide us, for instance when you contact us, inform us of any request, or inform us of any problem regarding the Platform. Furthermore, VV may also collect certain data regarding your use of the Platform, such as the features used or the sections navigated, or any other data to identify the operating system of the device that you are using. This data cannot be used to identify you personally.
The information is collected and used notably for the following reasons:
- to create your account and profile;
- to send related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- to ensure proper functioning of the Platform;
- to address any problems which are brought to our attention;
- to evaluate and improve the content and features of the Platform;
- to respond to feedback and questions and provide customer support;
- to tailor your experience with the Platform;
- to prevent fraud;
- to enhance the experience and enjoyment using our Services; and
- to contact you about your experience with the Platform and notify you about company news and promotions.
HOW IS THE INFORMATION STORED AND COMMUNICATED
VV keeps your information for a period of time it deems reasonable either to fulfill identified purposes, such to ensure proper functioning of the Platform, or in accordance with the law, whichever time frame is longer. Once your information is no longer required to be kept, we ensure it remains anonymous or destroy it in a way, which ensures protection against unauthorized access or communication. We never disclose your personal information to anyone outside of MV without your consent, except for the following:
- our providers whose services have been retained to carry out duties on our behalf (e.g. data processing or storage). VV takes the necessary means to ensure that these third-party providers process your information for the sole purpose identified by VV;
- VV may engage other companies and individuals to perform services. Such services may include analyzing data. These service providers may have access to personal information in connection with the performance of their services for VV;
- VV may share your information in connection with any merger, sale of assets, change of control, or a financing or acquisition of all or a portion of its business to another company;
- VV may share aggregate or anonymous information about you with advertisers, publishers, business partners, sponsors, and other third parties;
- any public authority if the law so requires, to defend our rights, prevent fraud, or otherwise in compliance with the law. In the event where VV is required to divulge information or to provide a copy of such information to a governmental authority under law or pursuant to a court order, VV will attempt to notify you beforehand, to the extent, however, that it is legally authorized to do so.
- may send you notifications through the Platform to send you updates, or other Services related notifications. You can edit and modify your settings at any time through the Platform, including your profile picture and general preferences, as well as your notification preferences. Furthermore, you understand that, as a Member using the Platform, you may be publicly identified by the alias you are using through the Platform, and all the content posted by you will be visible to other Users. Thus, you are the one controlling the information displayed or posted on your account or profile, and the information you share through the Platform in general, and you are solely and fully responsible for any consequences arising out of such displayed or posted information.
We endeavor to maintain appropriate physical, procedural and technical security with respect to our offices and information storage facilities. Any information is only made available to individuals (employees or agents) who require access to such information to carry out their responsibilities.
While VV takes reasonable means to protect your privacy, please be aware that no method of transmitting information over the Internet or storing information is completely secure and thus VV cannot guarantee the absolute security of that information during the transmission or storage on its systems or of its subcontractors. VV cannot warrant or represent that your information will be protected against, loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties.
HYPERLINKS AND THIRD PARTIES
Also, when you purchase Content on the Platform, you will be redirect to our payment service provider’s site. In general, the third-party payment providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us. We recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
contact our privacy officer at: ( firstname.lastname@example.org). We will do our best to treat your request promptly. Please note that we may sometimes deny your request under relevant laws.